Global Tier 1 automotive manufacturer seeks a Plant HR Manager for their
Brantford, ON plant. CAD 90000-100000. This is an on-site position.
The Brantford, ON Human Resources Manager has overall Plant/Site responsibility
for the HR function as it relates to the delivery and execution of Human Resources,
Health Safety Environmental standards and guidelines as defined by the Subject
Matter Experts (SME or Centers of Excellence COE – often referred to as functional
groups; ex. IT, HS&E Corporate Group). Locally, they are responsible for the
identification of local programs and solutions that enable the company to exceed
our business objectives through teammate engagement. To provide strategic
leadership and direction in promoting fair, equitable, effective and leading-edge
human resources solutions, benefits, administration programs, policies and best
practice systems and processes.
This position requires a combination of both strategic and hands-on/tactical HR
expertise. Actively manages and contributes to the promotion of a healthy, safe and environmentally responsible workplace by encouraging and involving all employees in the ownership and continuous improvement of HS&E in the workplace and to promote the use of better HS&E practices.
●As a key member of the Plant Management Team, the Human Resources
Manager is expected to contribute at an operational level by providing value
in all areas of Human Resources
● Supports business strategy and objectives through the execution of end-to-
end HR solutions and delivery of corporate initiatives ensuring that the
working environment is conducive to high levels of teammate engagement
● Participates fully as part of the plant/site leadership team and acts as advisor
to the Plant Manager.
● In addition to remaining current with all applicable country, federal,
provincial and municipal laws and regulations, this role requires the individual
to adhere to and enforce all established Company policies and procedures.
● Provides leadership and direction to all teammates by providing coaching and
interpretation to complex employee relations issues to develop problem
resolution solutions and improved teammate performance.
● Participate in Local Human Resources community to network and benchmark
best labour/employment practices and understand local issues and trends.
● Partners with the business to achieve its objectives by identifying human
resources and organizational development issues and by leading the analysis
and diagnosis of client needs.
● Design and/or reinforce application/implementation of site-specific HR
policies, standards and procedure taking into account the organization's
vision, mission and values, legislative requirements and industry best
practices, notifying plant manager and functional manager of non-
● Track and provide analysis and subsequent improvement plans with respect
to HR metrics and KPI’s
Health, Safety & Environment:
● Implement, maintain and be accountable for all plant/corporate HSE
requirements and standards assigned by the senior site manager.
● Manage teammate injury and disability claims from the time they are
reported to the teammate’s return to work on their pre-injury duties.
● Report all injury claims and HS&E statistics per Corporate and regulatory
requirements, maintain required documents and records.
● Participate in monthly JHSC meetings. Be a constant advocate of responsible
management of all health, safety and environmental issues.
● Understand the health and safety responsibilities of the employer, managers,
supervisors and teammates within the facility.
● Establish administrative procedures that encourage all teammates to report
unsafe conditions and unsafe practices to their supervisors without fear of
● Provide advice to teammates and the management team in matters of
occupational health and safety.
● Act as the facility liaison for regulatory visits/inspections as the need arise..
● Assist with revisions/updates of plant HS&E Procedures, as necessary.
Labor Management & Employee Relations:
● Provide responsible leadership and direction to create an environment that
promotes an effective constructive working relationship.
● Represents management in Employee relations.
● Provides firm, fair and consistent application of employment management
practices to resolve issues and problems through workable solutions in a
professional and timely manner.
● Supports monthly teammate engagement activities.
Training & Development:
● Develop and implement training matrices and plans based on training needs
for all teammates in conjunction with department heads per ISO 9001
requirements and TWI methodology.
● Organize and deliver in-house training as needed per local regulations or
corporate compliance. Interface with corporate Talent and Organizational
development center of excellence.
Recruitment & Selection:
● Facilitate screening, testing, interviewing and the selection process for all
available positions in conjunction with the hiring manager.
● Maintain applicant and talent pool in compliance with all regulatory boards.
● Administer and coordinate Orientation/Onboarding for newly hired and
transferred teammates in partnership with the hiring manager.
Performance and Talent Management:
● Provides guidance to management team to ensure performance promotes the
overall plant effectiveness. Responsible to administer and oversee
Woodbridge Performance Management and Development System.
● Responsible to deploy talent management models and tools to identify high
potentials and ensure associated development and succession plans are in
● Maintains an understanding of regional salary, wage and benefit trends to
ensure that corporate programs remain competitive and compliant.
● Provides support and alignment to Corporate Total Rewards programs to
ensure consistent and timely delivery.
● Oversees the Total Rewards enrollment process, record keeping and
materials distribution, utilizing the HRIS and other corporate approved
● Provide feedback to Corporate Total Rewards on the quality, service levels
and programs of service providers for benefit and retirement programs.
● Participate in the development & execution of action plans with the plant
leaders and provide guidance on feedback where required including best
practices and procedures.
● Foster effective two-way communication on a timely and consistent basis
from and to all teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree, Professional Human Resources Designation preferred.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing
- industry, specifically automotive is desirable.
- Solid understanding of all facets of HR management with the ability to
- persuade and influence decision makers at multiple organizational levels.
- Proven experience working in a matrix global organization with a strong
- business acumen.
- Working knowledge of payroll and HRIS systems would be an asset.
- Understanding of technical concepts, and ability or willingness to learn
- technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and end-user training
Why This a Great Opportunity
The global Teir 1 & 2 supplier has over 60 plants worldwide and over 7000 employees. Strong company offering solid growth potential!!