Work with small team of engineers (appx 4 team members) in performing a diversified range of studies related to electric utility and renewables integration, including (not limited to) Power Quality, Arc Flash, Distributed Generation, Battery Energy Storage, Micro-grid, and Transient Analysis studies/analysis/implementation.
Candidate will be the sealing engineer for the majority of work produced by the team and will also act to manage customer relations as well as business development with select clients. This position reports to the Divisional Vice President.
Incumbents are expected to be a leader, manage some-to-all stages of project/study/design, perform a variety of routine and complex tasks to solve power utility design problems, effectively communicate within the design and project management team, and provide technical guidance on unusual or complex problems to comply with applicable industry standards (such as IEEE, NESC, NEC, NFPA).
The primary objectives of this position are to plan, organize, and execute assigned engineering studies. In this position, the incumbents will at times be expected to carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
This position does not have direct reports; however, with proven experience and results, Candidate may be considered for Manager role.
Position requirements include:
- Supervise and schedule work of engineers on candidate’s assigned team.
- Capability to be Customer’s Point of Contact to manage existing projects and customer satisfaction, as well as future business and upcoming project plans.
- Proficient in multiple areas of Solar/Wind Farm, Battery Storage, substation and utility interconnection engineering.
- Design experience, such as physical layout, is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of electric utility systems: 480 VAC through 230,000 VAC, VDC experience preferred, as well.
- Performs and directs project deliverables. This includes tasks such as performing engineering calculations; using computer modeling software and referencing appropriate engineering procedures and design manuals.
- Performs and/or directs the preparation of complex project documents including final report of findings (studies).
- Performs and directs complex system model reviews such as checking and marking up full PV system models to ensure they an accurate and thorough representation of the design.
- Supervises work and assists in training of division Project Engineers I and II.
- This position works under minimal supervision and is expected to accurately produce required results without specific direction in a timely fashion.
- Performs basic functions of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must interface well with employees at all levels.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and Licensed Professional Engineer (PE). Minimum ten (10) years of applicable experience required, including proven design and/or analysis proficiency and project management skills.
- Preferred software experience:
- EMTP-RV®; PSS/E®; PSCAD®; ETAP®; SKM®; EasyPower®; CYMTCC; Milsoft EA WindMil®; LightTable; Office Suite
Why This a Great Opportunity
Health, Vision, Dental coverage
Training and mentoring programs