We are looking for a Sales Director to head up our client's new operation in Japan. This role has been created to oversee the implementation and creation of the Japanese sales team. The ideal candidate has relevant market and proven sales management experience that relates to the energy industry sector. This role works directly alongside the leadership team and plays a central role in a rapidly growing company.
The company is a cutting-edge, scale-up company with a start-up mindset which innovates in the smart energy industry headquartered in Europe. We are currently looking for a Sales Director for our Japanese location.
Reporting to MD of UK, Ireland, Australia and JapanJob Location: Japan, Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto
Using Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and advanced data modeling, the company provides Intelligent Energy-As-A-Service to tackle the challenges businesses face as they move towards a Net Zero carbon future. Our multi-award-winning AI “Point” Platform allows businesses to control demand response participation, energy performance, markets and costs.
We are already the leaders in Europe and are now entering new markets, expanding our geographic footprint. Our foundations are strong. On-going investment in development and innovation are cornerstones of our business. It’s what sets us apart.
- Develop and implement sales strategies that drive monthly, quarterly and yearly growth against company targets.
- Drive and oversee opportunities at the strategic and tactical level.
- Perform regular pipeline reviews and accurately forecast salespipeline with your team to be delivered to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Hire, develop, coach, and manage a strong team of Sales Professionals to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Work with sales teams in territory and account planning.
- Oversee strategic alliances and partnerships
- Helps to build/maintain a customer-first sales organization focused on a targeted region
- Lead sales process and organizational structure to ensure scalable, repeatable, profitable and responsiveness in customer interaction and sales process
- Work with product marketing, sales, product management on customer needs
- Forecast opportunity, revenue and costs
- Close business and on-board new customers
- Meet customers, partners, and lead Executive Briefings
- Assist in recruitment and enablement of relevant channel partners per region
- Visit customers and partners often to stay in touch with the market/field
- Counsel sales team members to ensure success and drive individual growth
What are we looking for
A self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude who is strongly goal-oriented & good level of commitment to drive tangible results and able to adapt to change and be versatile: able to work in different tasks as required.
Familiar or able to learn Salesforce
Required: MS Office, Advanced PowerPoint stills,
Preferable: Familiar or learn to use Salesforce
Company Vision & Mission
Our vision is to build a shared energy economy that delivers sustainability, resilience, affordability and adaptability through collaboration. A smart, flexible system that makes the best use of all the energy sources available will enable us to meet our customers’ needs in a balanced, efficient and economical way. Our mission is toenable grid operators to integrate intermittent energy sources such as wind and solar by giving agility to the aging power grid.
Benefits / Perks
- Salary: Competitive
- Benefits such as –
- 5% pension upon commencement of employment
- Life Assurance
- 23 days Annual leave increasing to 25 days with service
- Duration: Indefinite duration
- Type: Full time
- Flexible working hours and environment
- Employee Referrals Bonuses
- Work/Life Balance
- Background in the electricity or utility business, or large industrial sales (Cement, Paper, Cold Storage, BESS, Large battery technology, Solar etc).
- Good track record or achieving targets, building teams with a strong strategic mindset
- Native Japanese speaker with high-business level writing business level English
- Demonstrated people management experience of a sales team
- Able to work on remote basis
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of services and products
- Knowledge of how to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Understanding of how to position products against competitors
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the revolution to address today’s energy challenges. You have the chance to join a growing team, leading the Smart Energy sector. An ability to work autonomously and to think creatively is therefore required to tackle new challenges and to support long term, sustainable growth.