Big 4 - U.S. Tax Group in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands has exciting employment opportunity. As a member of the U.S. Tax Group, you will assist offshore businesses, individuals and organizations with their U.S. and international tax strategy, planning and compliance, while delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
The opportunities involve combining industry insight with the technical skills of financial and tax specialists, lawyers and our other in-house experts as
necessary, to develop comprehensive integrated solutions. Successful candidates will work in the offices of either Big4 company in Bermuda or the Cayman Islands.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The review of U.S. tax returns for insurance companies, investments
- funds and other U.S. tax filings;
- The supervision of U.S. tax professionals in conjunction with conducting U.S. tax research and drafting tax technical research memoranda, and the preparation of presentation materials for the marketing of U.S tax services;
- Meeting with existing and potential clients to discuss tax issues;
- Managing client engagements, including staffing and economics.
- A Bachelors Degree with a specialisation in business, accounting/taxation or a law degree from an accredited university;
- Successful completion of the U.S. Certified Public Accounting designation, admitted to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction, or holds an equivalent relevant US Tax certification;
- A minimum of 5 years of U.S. taxation work experience with an international accounting Firm, international law firm or similar work experience specialising in U.S. tax issues of partnerships and corporations;
- Tax experience working with hedge funds, private equity funds,
- other investment partnerships or insurance companies preferred;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, ATX and GoSystem;
- Highly organised, dedicated and self motivated;
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior team members; and
- Proven track record of working collegially with other management group member to collectively get the job done.
Recent US Tax experience in Big 4 or consulting firm is a must.
Multiple openings from Manager (3 openings)/ Senior Manager (2 openings) / Director (1 opening)
Must have client-facing and working extensively with US-based clients for US Tax