Manage and administer functions associated with all aspects of HR such as recruitment and retention and engagement of associates, training, budgeting payroll and compensation of the HR staff as well as the oversight of other administrative functions including Purchasing, EHS and environmental compliance in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Manage and coordinate activities of Admin staff and certain contract companies
· Manage HR related activities to be J-Sox compliant and to satisfy SQCD requirements
· Coordinate hiring and recruitment activities for all associate positions
· Coordinate hiring and recruitment of temporary associate positions
· Manage pay & benefit applications for all associates
· Ensure legal compliance – Wage & Hour, FMLA, EEOC….
· Ensure consistent training of new hires and temporary associates and track training of all associates
· Develop and maintain budget and business plans
· Create and maintain a positive work environment
· Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area in the front part of plant
· Maintain positive relationships with local governmental/charitable agencies
· Represent company in HR related issues – employment hearings, work comp…
· Work flexible hours, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
· Maintain attendance per policy
· Work in a team environment
Additional Job Responsibilities
· Coordinate activities of the following contract services:
Security, Uniform, and Food Vendors
Temporary workforce companies
Coordinate Recreational activities
Prepare and maintain other charts, graphs and presentations as needed
Complete TPM assignments/requirements in a timely manner
Perform other administrative duties as assigned to the satisfaction of the management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do the essential functions of the Administrative/HR Manager position.
B.S. degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
At least five (5) years, in an office environment with Human Resources managerial/supervision experience or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Experience with payroll programs. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages. Attention to details.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Why is This a Great OpportunityGreat opportunity for someone ready to move into their first HR Manager role. Excellent benefits including an onsite clinic offer free healthcare and prescriptions to employees and dependents.