Send this job to your inbox!
Laramie Energy LLC
IT Systems Administrator
The Systems Administrator will be primarily responsible for providing operational and end user Tier II/III technical support. Additional duties of this role will include assisting with the development, administration and maintenance of the server, storage, network, security, and backup infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide Tier II/III support to end users by efficiently identifying, analyzing, resolving, and documenting hardware and software issues
· Assist with the administration and development of the Active Directory domain infrastructure, AD Group Policies, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Exchange Online, and 0365 services.
· Assist with the administration and development of the corporate LAN, WAN, and WWAN infrastructure
· Participate in project planning and implementation projects
· Work with stakeholders and conduct scope of work technology assessments to help identify areas of possible improvement that further support business functions
· Identify and report IT and OT systems cybersecurity risks within the environment and provide corrective mitigation strategies
· Assist with the development and maintenance of technical and end user guidance documentation
· Provide end user training where required
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Additional duties and responsibilities may be expanded upon to support business needs.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem Solving: Exercise excellent problem-solving skills, diagnostic and troubleshooting capabilities and anticipate issues before they occur or become critical.
· Knowledge: Absorb and assimilate relevant information quickly and respond appropriately in a changing environment.
· Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and prioritization of workloads to meet project, task, or procedural timelines.
· Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts clearly with confidence; communicate effectively by tailoring technical information to the level of end user you are conveying information to.
· Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
· Integrity: Must display a significant level of trust and confidentiality in this position as you will be exposed to data, business systems, and situations that may involve sensitive information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty beyond satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Demonstrates composure under pressure
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
· Ability to travel as needed to remote job sites
· Must have current/valid driver’s license
· Ability to work weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Cross functional collaboration with OT Teams
EDUCATION (and/or) EXPERIENCE
· BS/BSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or related technical discipline (and/or) 7+ years of equivalent experience in a System’s Administration role within a corporate environment, preferably within the Oil and Gas industry.
LANGUAGE AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information to management, end-users and vendors.
CERTIFICATIONS/TRAINING (in lieu of experience)
· CompTIA Security+
· CompTIA Server+
· CompTIA Network+ or Cisco CCNA
· Microsoft MCSA (or Role based) Certification or Training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Sufficient dexterity to assemble/repair computer hardware, peripherals, and associated furniture.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Various work environments: Work sites vary with noise and temperatures that range from quiet to moderate.
· Travel: Moderate travel (< 15% annually) may be required if higher Tier level support is required at any of our Grand Junction field offices.
o Off-Highway Travel: A number of our field offices will only be accessible off paved roads and at higher elevations.
· Site Safety: Safety training may be required prior to entry into our facilities and strict adherence to protocols must be observed while onsite.
· Location: This is a remote position that primarily supports our Denver office.