Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst is the central position for financial activities at Laramie Energy. This includes financial modeling, debt management, forecasting, treasury, KPI reporting and monitoring, marketing and hedging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate and perform FP&A, quarterly budgeting, and treasury functions.
- Prepare and review external corporate financial forecasts.
- Establish, maintain, and report KPI analysis models.
- Assist preparation of presentations to Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Aid document and manage hedge policies and activities.
- Work with senior management, engineering, finance, and other teams to develop creative strategies in execution of company goals.
- Create and maintain investor communication procedures, including access procedures for the company’s board presentations and data rooms.
- Work closely with IT and drive innovation within the finance department.
- Responds to inquiries regarding financial policies, procedures, and programs.
- Advise senior management and assist in the execution of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
· This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data;
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- College or university program degree; and 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly analytical, and overall ability to thoroughly understand issues and foresee all complexities.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience working in a continuously changing environment.
- Takes ownership and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and prioritize deliverables in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Previous oil and gas experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment varies between quiet and moderate.
The compensation range for this position is $90,000-$115,000. Our compensation structure reflects the comparable market pay rate for positions at companies similar in size, revenue generations and geographic locations, in addition to individual factors including seniority, performance-based merit, education/training and experience related to scope of responsibilities.
- Laramie Energy provides a robust healthcare plan which includes medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A very generous 401(k) Retirement Plan with a matching contributions equal to 125% of deferral contributions not to exceed 5%.
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability programs.
- Company paid Life & AD&D insurance.
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, Accident, and Critical Illness plans.
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Flexible Spending And Health Saving Accounts.
- Parental leave benefits.
- Employee assistance program.
- Your choice of paid parking or reimbursement for RTD expenses for Denver-based employees.