As the leading distributor of public works equipment, our client provides mobile infrastructure maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across Canada and the US. Through their branch network, they sell, rent, lease, service, and support Vacuum Trucks, Refuse & Recycling Collection Vehicles, Street Sweepers, Snow Removal Equipment, Mowing Equipment, Ice Resurfacing Equipment, Sewer Cleaners, and Inspection Cameras.
Our client is a dynamic and growing organization, focused on maintaining an employer of choice culture. They have a stable, team-based, and collaborative work environment that drives their organization to be best-in-class within their industry.
Our client offers opportunities across Canada and the US and is committed to providing challenging and rewarding career paths for their employees. Our client provides very competitive compensation packages, robust group benefits, and an opportunity to grow professionally.
The Regional Director, Operations will be responsible for managing the Parts and Service Operations of multiple branches within their assigned region. You will be focused on providing day-to-day leadership and guidance to the Parts and Service teams, supporting and acquiring customers, and driving new business opportunities to ensure the achievement of the annual plan for each branch. This position reports directly to the General Manager, Canada.
- In collaboration with the Manager, prepare annual operating plans, goals, and objectives for the Service and Parts departments in each branch
- Provide direction and support to the Parts and Service departments in each branch to ensure they are working in alignment with company objectives and key annual operating plans
- Monitor branch/department goal progress and keep each team updated on progress and key performance indicators
- Implement process improvements, training and other measures as required to improve overall team efficiencies and drive business growth
- Perform account management responsibilities by collaborating with customers to understand their needs and provide effective Parts and Service solutions
- Stay up to date with industry changes that impact the Parts and Service departments and/or customers and communicate applicable information effectively
- Be highly involved in the branch’s day to day operations and partner with the teams on any challenges needing resolution
- Partner with HR department to hire and onboard new team members
- Conduct regular team meetings with each branch to provide updates and act as the liaison between head office and the branch
- Partner with Sales and PSSR teams to optimize the customer experience and drive business growth in the region
- Assess the market conditions in the region and provide recommendations to the leadership team on strategies and plans to grow market share
- Provide timely feedback to team members and conduct annual performance appraisals
- Ensure a “safety first” culture and ensure all branch operations are conducted in compliance with Health & Safety regulations and policies
- Ensure each facility is well maintained and make recommendations to leadership on capital improvements to ensure a positive and well branded customer and employee experience within the facility
- Partner with Marketing department to develop key sales and promotional campaigns for the region
- Provide regular updates to leadership on progress and results in the region and understand and report on key drivers in each branch
- Communicate and partner effectively with all divisions of the organization to ensure optimal workflow that results in customer excellence
- Participate in training and/or industry events as required.
- Complete additional projects or responsibilities as required.
- Completion of a degree in Business Administration or related discipline, or a combination of education, training and equivalent professional experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- 10+ years’ experience in an operations management role, preferably within the field of Heavy Equipment, Industrial or Agricultural equipment or related industry
- Must be Bilingual (French/English)
- Proven success in leading and managing multiple dealership branches.
- Experience working with Municipalities or other government entities.
- Solid mechanical aptitude with knowledge of parts and equipment repair processes
- Previous responsibility for managing a P&L and demonstrated ability to achieve financial results.
- Advanced experience using MS Office suite and dealer management software
- Experience creating and executing strategic plans that lead the team toward meeting organizational goals
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers
- Strategic thinking with strong financial and business acumen
- Demonstrates sound judgment and can develop and implement effective business plans.
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Results-oriented and highly motivated to succeed.
- Ability to foster teamwork and motivate, coach and support teams to drive desired results
- Strong time management skills and the ability to effectively manage resources.
- Ability to travel as required for business purposes within assigned region
WHY WORK HERE?
- Market-competitive compensation package with annual increase opportunities based on performance.
- Robust and fully paid Group Benefits package - inclusive of Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Travel coverage
- Employer Paid, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer Matching Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Personal Days – for those unexpected life events
- Work boot and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Opportunity for professionally growth
- Tuition & Professional Development paid
- Federally recognized as certified Employment Equity organization
- Safe work environment, member of multiple provincial safety programs and COR certified
- Exceptional best-in-class products and service offerings for our customers
- Charitable Giving Program - proud to support a variety of organizations in our communities
- Educational Scholarship Program
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document