About the job
You’re a sales-driven entrepreneur
— proactively getting new clients and business motivates you.You’re a relationship builder
— striking a meaningful conversation with a client, industry partner or colleague excites you.You’re a problem solver
– offering unique, customized wealth solutions to meet your clients’ complex needs thrills you.If you’re nodding, this Commercial Account Executive
role may be perfect for you!What’s the ask?
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual that will be responsible for the retention and growth of a designated book of business as well as new business sales including professional insurance services and recommendations. This individual will be a key contributor to the regional growth strategy and to its strong sales culture, through the prospecting of new clients, by organically growing a book of business and by promoting multi-line sales. He/she will provide exceptional insurance advise to clients, be able to identify and define insurance needs, work effectively with our markets and our commercial lines team.Key Responsibilities
What does it take?
- Proactively sourcing new business, managing clients and ultimately growing a solid client base
- Develop and build relationships with new and existing clients as well as internal and external referral sources and centers-of-influence.
Who We Are
- You’re a self-motivated, service-oriented individual with a passion for sales
- You have a track record of building and growing a profitable insurance portfolio
- You love networking in community and industry association events
- RIBO license is required
- Minimum of 3 year proven Commercial lines sales experience, with a passion for technical excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, written and oral
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to perform effectively, with minimal supervision
- Highly developed customer service skills
- International experience/cyber experience/surety experience would be an asset
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference checks
Canadian-owned and operated, our client is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.They partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
They also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.What sets us apart?Be In Good Company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.Challenge your thinking
You're valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.Grow together
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.Benefits And Perks
Are you interested? Let's Talk.
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement